July 27, 2010

My First Post

I've been trying to think of some clever thought to post for my very first blog entry, but it seems that I've drawn a blank (had too many glasses of wine). So, I'll just pretend that I've been doing this for years and go with it. I know it's summertime and all, but I just cannot get over how hot it is here in South Georgia! Really, how am I supposed to meet my future great friends if every time I walk out of the house I'm a mess? It's so humid here that every bit of makeup slides right off my face before I can walk across the driveway to the golden chariot (mini-van). My only consolation is the knowledge that my wonderful future friends are the kind of quality gals that will understand, because their makeup has also slid off of their faces. I guess there's always the ten weeks of winter that I'm told will begin around Christmas when I can stop perspiring (sweating like a pink pig) and really "shine."

I just read about a great super-cute apron giveaway on another blog, Five Great Kiddos. Here's the link: http://fivegreatkiddos.blogspot.com/2010/07/not-your-grandmas-apron-giveaway.html You should definitely check out her blog.



2 comments:

  1. Hey there. Thank you for posting about my giveaway and welcome to blogging. I haven't been blogging as long as some people and longer than others, but I really enjoy it and look at all the super awesome people I'm meeting.
    I know what you mean about the heat. However, in Colorado (we are mostly desert), so we get the dry heat, unless of course it rains and then we get a little humidity (nothing like the south though). Now if you want to talk cold and snow, come sit by me. Last year was a bugger.
    Happy to see ya here in blog land and there are never enough preppy bloggers as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as the heat goes north Georgia has also been pretty uncomfortable...but not with a heat index of 112! I'm hoping for a nice cool weekend when we all meet at the lake. Even with this weather I am already thinking about Christmas and trying to figure out if it is my turn to host the party. When the hosts and hostesses can't remember where we spent last Christmas it may be time for the younger generation to take over! However, I don't think I will ever be willing to give up Christmas at my house...I just love it too much.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think about this. My policy: Keep it family-friendly.