March 10, 2011

Windows and Our 1st Garden

Well, we are almost "dried in." That means that the house is wrapped, the windows are in, and the under-roofing is up.  It's looking so good, and we feel very blessed. Tomorrow, the boys' bathtub should arrive with the rest of the bathroom plumbing to show up early next week. I was not able to take a picture of the front of the house because it was way too muddy after yesterday's torrential rain. Here are a few pictures of the rest of the house:

Back of the house
Back of the house
Looking at the front wall of my bedroom
Upstairs hallway, down to the landing, and up into the guest bedroom.
The boys' playroom
Another  view of the boys' playroom
Boy #2 is giving his bedroom a thumbs up!
Boy #1 also loves his new bedroom.

We are addicted to plants, so we could not wait until the house was finished to start growing things. The green clumps are day lilies transplanted from Mr. Perfect's sister's yard. We also planted dahlia bulbs which should come up in a few more weeks, a cabbage plant (part of a school project), a hibiscus we brought down from Virginia, and a fern. I'm planning on sowing some lettuce this weekend. Also, I think we're going to bring our bird feeders out this weekend and start doing our best to attract all the birds within a 10 mile radius to our yard!

Boy #1 and #2 in our temporary garden.


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! Love the plants as well. My husband just built me three above ground gardens to grow veggies (above because the soil is awful in south Florida, so had to transport in soil). I want him to build another one for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Can't wait to get down there next month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so good!I can't wait to see more. Trying to figure out when the next trip down will be. Just when everything started melting and we thought Spring was upon us, it snowed 3 inches on Thursday. Our new dog Tank loves the snow so he is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think about this. My policy: Keep it family-friendly.